Another quick, easy, delicious, and healthy one-pan meal! 😁
Feel free to switch out the asparagus for other veggies as the season (and availability) changes. This frittata works great, for instance, with many different types of brassicas and other detox–friendly veggies. As long as you choose low carb vegetables – or detox-friendly veggies if you’re doing Dr. Emily’s 10-Day Detox – you’ll be on plan for the detox, and for low carb, keto, CleanKeto, Paleo and Whole30.
Optional adjustments: using the coconut cream will make the texture more fluffy and quiche-like. If you prefer a more classic, denser frittata texture, leave out the coconut cream. Also, you can add chopped cooked bacon or sausage to this to amp up the protein content and make it heartier and more filling. Add these in when you add the arugula to the pan.
Serve your wedges of frittata with an optional spoonful of cultured veggies on the side, and/or a dollop of cultured coconut cream on top, for an extra boost of nutrition and flavor! This frittata also pairs really well with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette or lemonette.
- 1 large (12") cast iron skillet
- 1 whisk
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 kitchen knife
- 1 cutting board
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb asparagus tough stem ends trimmed off
- 2 cups baby arugula roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut cream, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cut asparagus into 1" pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large (12") oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Add shallot to pan and cook for a few minutes until shallot is translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and asparagus to pan and cook for a few minutes until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir in baby arugula.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, stir to evenly distribute ingredients around pan, and then cook, undisturbed, for 3-5 minutes, until edges just begin to set.
- Place skillet in oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until the top is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve immediately.