I love colorful party foods, and playfully-shaped foods, and fancifully decorated foods – do you? It’s all very festive and fun! These kinds of special treats can help to make a holiday or celebration stand out from regular days, and make it more memorable, and that’s part of the point of them, right? To mark time, and be different than the everyday.
Well, this berry parfait is perfect for that – it’s colorful and festive and memorable, while also being easy, delicious and good for you. What a fabulous combo! And in fact, it even fits as part of your menu when doing my 10-Day Detox, and is one of the recipes in my upcoming book, The 10-Day Detox Cookbook.
Festive Berry Parfait
- Glass serving vessels Pint jars, margarita glasses, wine glasses, parfait glasses – whatever strikes your fancy (or what you happen to have on hand!)
- Coconut sour cream
- ½ cup berries* mixed and organic
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened, toasted coconut flakes
- ½ tsp cocoa nibs*
*Bonus: these are also CleanKeto superfoods!
- Starting with 1-2 Tbsp coconut sour cream, layer the ingredients into your glass vessels in whatever order you like, with 1-2 Tbsp cream between each layer, and ending with a topping of coconut flakes.
- For example:· Cream· Berries· Cream· Cocoa nibs· Cream· Berries· Cream· Toasted coconut flakes
- Serve immediately, or, cover and refrigerate until it’s party time! If making ahead, wait to add the coconut flakes until just before serving so they don’t get soggy.
- Note: For a faster, more everyday version, you can skip the layering and make it as a fruit salad – just mix all the ingredients (except coconut flakes) together in a bowl, and serve with a sprinkling of coconut flakes on top.
Disclaimer: I might receive a small commission for qualifying purchases made using certain links in this post.