This simple Paleo Pumpkin Pie is super delicious and so easy to make. It’s a healthy version of the classic Thanksgiving dessert that the whole family will love. It’s so good nobody will ever know it’s gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free!
Prep note: This pie can be made up to a few days ahead of time – making Thanksgiving day easier! – and it actually works best to make it ahead since it needs at least a few hours to cool and then fully set up in the fridge.
Best Ever Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 9" pie pan
- 1 Paleo pie crust unbaked
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (1 can) - plain, unsweetened or 1½ cups roasted pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs or 4 medium
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or honey for Paleo, or for lower carb, Nature's Hollow Xylitol honey or BetterTaste Allulose honey or Lakanto or ChocZero maple syrup
- 1½ Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make crust according to instructions at https://elanaspantry.com/paleo-pie-crust/. Do NOT prebake it!
- In a food processor combine pumpkin puree and eggs.
- Pulse in coconut cream, liquid sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until well combined.
- Pour filling into UNBAKED pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Note that the filling will still be a bit soft.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours to set up before serving.