As a long-time resident of New Mexico, I have eaten my fair share of burritos! But of course, with Paleo and Keto eating, tortillas are verboten. And it’s wise to avoid them regardless of whether you’re low carb or Paleo or not, because they are very inflammatory and gut-irritating and just plain bad for you. So I came up with this dish that is a really tasty and satisfying version of the classic burrito, while being healthy, low carb/Keto, Paleo and Whole30-friendly.
It is also on plan when you’re doing Dr. Emily’s 10-Day Detox, and is one of the many recipes in my 10-Day Detox Cookbook – coming soon! 😀
Breakfast Burrito In A Bowl
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil divided
- 6 oz cauliflower rice ½ bag of frozen
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ⅓ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 oz breakfast sausage
- 4 large eggs cooked as you wish
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2 Tbsp scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- red and/or green chile as desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 1 minute, then add 1 Tbsp oil.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lime juice and seasonings.
- Cook and stir until cauli rice is desired texture.
- Remove cauli rice from pan and set aside.
- Add second 1 Tbsp oil to skillet.
- Add the sausage and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
Assembling Your Bowl
- Spoon cauli rice into 2 bowls.
- Add sausage and cooked eggs to bowls.
- Add avocado slices, scallions, and cilantro.
- Top with red and/or green chile, if using.