Are you ready for some breakfast food variety? This fried cauliflower rice dish is savory, filling, and oh-so tasty! And while it contains eggs, that’s not the main focus – it’s loaded with healthy veggies, bacon and umami flavor, and is super satisfying. Great for any meal (not just breakfast), and Paleo, Whole30, low carb and keto friendly! Skip the tomato garnish to lower the carb count and make this dish detox-friendly for when you’re doing Dr. Emily’s 10-Day Detox.
Breakfast Fried "Rice"
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 leaves collard greens destemmed and chopped
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1 small tomato diced - optional, for color; remove to lower carb content of dish by 4 grams
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute, then add oil.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in cauliflower rice and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, until rice is desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate frying pan, cook bacon pieces over medium heat until crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Remove cooked bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat in pan, and putting the rest of the bacon fat in a jar for future use.
- Add collards and cook until wilted.
- Add cooked cauliflower rice and bacon to pan and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over rice and cook until the eggs just begin to firm up. Use a wooden spoon to stir and break up any clumps.
- Garnish with scallions and tomato (if using), and serve.