Love chicken marsala? This version has all the savory delight of the original, with the added bonus of being a comforting bowl of soup! And it goes together quickly, for an easy and tasty meal that’s even better as leftovers! Serve with/over cauli mash for a heartier meal.
Chicken Marsala Soup
- 1 Dutch oven or other heavy soup pot
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 4 scallions chopped, white & green parts separated
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- Heat a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to release their juices, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add white parts of onion to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the marsala wine and increase heat to high.
- Cook until wine has reduced to 1/3 of its original volume, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and chopped cooked chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to just below medium.
- Simmer until heated through, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately, or let soup cool and then store it in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a few days. (It's even better when it's had a day or two for the flavors to meld!)
- When serving, top with green parts of scallions.