Do you love Chinese food? I sure do! And of course fried rice is a classic dish – it’s been around for over 1,400 years! – and is always yummy and satisfying. But it is sooo off-plan when we’re eating healthy – too many carbs, plus those pesky grains.
Have no fear, Dr. Emily is here! 🤩 I’ve got you covered with this CleanKeto-friendly version of classic chicken (or pork) fried “rice” (using the ever-versatile cauliflower rice), that’s just as quick, easy and tasty as the classic, but this one is oh-so good for you (unlike the classic version!). And if you leave out the carrots and the sriracha, this recipe is on-plan for my 10-Day Detox.
So let’s get to it!
- 2 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil, divided
- 1# boneless pastured chicken thigh meat, diced (or 1# ground pork)
- 2 pastured eggs, whisked
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced or grated
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1–2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add avocado oil to pan and swirl.
- Now add the diced chicken thigh meat (or pork).
- Sauté chicken for several minutes (longer for pork), stirring frequently, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken (pork) from the pan into a bowl, and set aside.
- Pour eggs into still-hot pan and stir constantly for 1 minute until cooked.
- Remove eggs from pan and place in bowl with cooked chicken (pork).
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and then immediately add onions. Stir fry onions for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Next add garlic, ginger and carrots. Sauté the vegetables for 4-5 minutes.
- Next add in the cauliflower rice, coconut aminos, and sriracha.
- Cook for a few minutes,
- Then add chicken and egg back in and mix together.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.