Delicious and so good for you, this zesty dressing is quick and easy to make, and is a very tasty way to get more healthy fats (and greens) into your diet!
Classic Caesar Dressing
- 1 ½ oz anchovies in oil jar in oil; I use Crown Princeor 6 anchovy fillets + 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic large
- 2 egg yolks large and pastured
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh; ½ lemon
- ¾ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil plus 2 Tbsp
- 3 cups lettuce torn or chopped; classicaly Romaine
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Coarsely grated or shaved; I also use Romano and/or Asiago
- Put anchovies along with their oil and the garlic clove into a blender and combine on low.
- Add in egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard and blend until smooth.
- With blender running on low, pour in olive oil, at first drop by drop and then in a thin stream, until dressing is thick.
- Add dressing to lettuce and toss until well mixed, then toss with cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to salad to taste.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 436IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg