Delicious and so good for you, this zesty dressing is quick and easy to make, and is a very tasty way to get more healthy fats (and greens) into your diet!
- 1.5oz jar anchovies in oil (I use Crown Prince) or 6 anchovy fillets + 1 T olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 large pastured egg yolks
- 2 T fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup + 2 T olive oil
- 3 cups torn or chopped lettuce, classically Romaine
- 3 T coarsely grated or shaved Parmesan (or I also use Romano and/or Asiago)
Put anchovies along with their oil and the garlic clove into a blender and combine on low.
Add in egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard and blend until smooth.
With blender running on low, pour in olive oil, at first drop by drop and then in a thin stream, until dressing is thick.
Add dressing to lettuce and toss until well mixed, then toss with cheese. Add salt and pepper to salad to taste.