For use as a dip or in lasagna, I go heavier on the lemon juice and spices so it’s more flavorful, whereas for use in meatza, I go light on the lemon juice and the spices to make it milder (more like mozzarella cheese), so it doesn’t compete too much with the pizza sauce and sausage flavors.
If you have the time, make this 1-2 days ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld and develop for an even tastier result. 😋
- cups macadamia nuts or 1 cup macadamia nut butter
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast*
- 2-6 Tbsp water hot temperature; to desired consistency
*For a nacho cheese flavored dip, skip the herbs, and instead of plain nutritional yeast, use Frontier Co-op’s Nacho nutritional yeast. Yum!
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except water.
- Pulse mixture until the ingredients are all well mixed, adding hot water 1 teaspoon at a time as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.