This delicious, healthy side dish is great to have in your repetoire! It’s ready in just 20 minutes (use frozen, pre-riced organic cauliflower), and it pairs beautifully with so many low carb and Paleo dishes, including my Chicken & Asparagus Stir-Fry, Quick & Easy Curry, Moroccan Meatballs, and Lime Marinated Flank Steak, to name a few!
At 8 grams of carbs per serving, this side dish isn’t low carb enough to be truly keto (<20 grams of carbs per day, total) unless it’s paired with a pure protein entree that has zero carbs (grilled steaks, for instance), or near-zero carbs, such as my Garlicky Baked Halibut or Garlic-Thyme Chicken. But it is Paleo, low carb, detox, and Whole30 friendly!
Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 7 oz full fat coconut milk (1/2 can)
- 1 lb cauliflower riced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Put coconut milk and riced cauliflower into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until cauliflower is desired consistency (~5 minutes for al dente, ~10 minutes for soft and creamy), stirring occasionally.
- Note: For a less saucy end product, use less coconut milk. If you love sauce (like I do!), use more coconut milk.
- Remove cauli rice from heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.