Comfort food at its finest! Satisfying, warming, and delicious, and very healthy to boot, this delicious soup makes a great cold weather meal on its own, and also pairs well with a side salad and/or entree. This soup is Paleo, low carb, Keto, CleanKeto, Whole30, and detox friendly!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to simmer.
- Add cauliflower and garlic and cook until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a separate frying pan until crisp.
- Set bacon on a paper towel to drain, then finely chop.
- When cauliflower is tender, use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. (If using a food processor or regular blender instead, let soup cool a bit first, and blend slowly and carefully).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup piping hot topped with bacon bits and sliced scallions.