This delicious, decadent, dark chocolate mousse is quick & easy, smooth & creamy, super satisfying, and keto, low-carb, and dairy-free to boot! Make some right now! (After you read the recipe, of course… :-P)
Decadent Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup coconut cream Let’s Do Organic’s is THE BEST.
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil This keeps the mousse from setting up too hard in the fridge.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened and 100%
- sweetener Non-caloric and of your choice; to taste (such as Stevia, Monk Fruit, Erythritol, Xylitol, Allulose, Just Like Sugar, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Warm coconut cream and MCT oil in saucepan until hot – as in, just starting to simmer, but not boiling.
- Whisk in cocoa powder, sweetener and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat, and set mixture in fridge or ice bath until cool and slightly thickened but not solid.
- Whip mixture with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer for a couple of minutes to incorporate some air.
- Put in serving bowls, then chill again in fridge or freezer until desired firmness.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 2mg
This mousse does a great job of quelling the desire for sweets without busting your carb budget! Also a great way to get in some more healthy fats; have a spoonful or two any time as a quick, satisfying snack.