This delicious dark chocolate mousse is quick & easy, smooth & creamy, super satisfying, and oh so keto, low-carb, and dairy-free to boot! Make some right now! (After you read the recipe, of course… :-P)
- 1 cup heavy coconut cream (Let’s Do Organic‘s version is great)
- 1 T MCT oil (this keeps the mousse from setting up too hard in the fridge)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened 100% cocoa powder
- Non-caloric sweetener of your choice, to taste (such as Stevia, Erythritol, Xylitol, Just Like Sugar, Monk Fruit, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Warm coconut cream and MCT oil in saucepan until hot – as in, just starting to simmer, but not boiling.
- Whisk in cocoa powder, sweetener and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat, and set mixture in fridge or ice bath until cool and slightly thickened but not solid.
- Whip mixture with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer for a couple of minutes to incorporate some air.
- Put in serving bowls, then chill again in fridge or freezer until desired firmness.
- Serve and enjoy!
This mousse does a great job of quelling the desire for sweets without busting your carb budget! Also a great way to get in some more healthy fats; have a spoonful or two any time as a quick, satisfying snack.