Quick and easy and oh-so-tasty, egg roll bowl is bound to become a new favorite. This tastes just like an egg roll, but without any of the bad-for-you stuff (yes, wheat flour wraps deep fried in nasty vegetable oils, I’m looking at you).
And it’s topped with a scrumptious sesame sauce that also works well on lots of other foods, like salads, fish, baked chicken, and so much more!
This recipe is Paleo, low carb, Keto, CleanKeto, and Whole30, and also on-plan when you’re doing my 10-Day Detox.
Egg Roll Bowl
- ½ cup mayo Paleo-friendly; Such as Primal Kitchen or Chosen Foods.
- 4 cloves garlic minced; or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce Keto/Paleo such as Frank’s, to taste
Egg Rolls in a Bowl:
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil divided
- 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs
- Sea salt
- black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 6 cups brassicas shredded; Ex. a mix of red & green shredded cabbage and broccoli slaw is my favorite.
- 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced, and divided
- 4 cloves garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated or minced
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 ½ Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce Keto/Paleo such as Frank’s, or to taste; optional
- Put all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Whisk together until well-combined and smooth.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Can be made up to a few days ahead.
- Store in fridge in airtight glass container or jar.
Egg Rolls in a Bowl:
- Mise en place: Gather all your ingredients before beginning, as once you start, it all goes pretty quickly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 1 minute, then add 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic and onion powders.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, then set aside.
- Add second 1 Tbsp of oil to same skillet.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 2 minutes, then add half of the scallions, plus the garlic and ginger.
- Meanwhile, debone the chicken thighs and dice the meat.
- Add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, and hot sauce, if using, to the skillet and stir.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and stir all to combine.
- Remove from heat, and serve into bowls.
- Drizzle with sesame sauce and sprinkle with remaining scallion slices.
- Chī chī chī! (eat up and enjoy your meal).
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg