This easy casserole is a satisfying, healthy, family-friendly recipe that can be prepped ahead of time – perfect for breakfast, or any meal!
Fireman's Breakfast Casserole
- 1 8x8 baking dish / casserole dish
- 1 spray avocado oil spray
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with avocado oil spray, and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute, then add avocado oil.
- Crumble pork and cook ~5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, sea salt and black pepper, and cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs into the baking dish, evenly distributing the eggs around the pan.
- Poke a hole in each of the yolks with a knife.
- Pour coconut cream over the eggs.
- Add the pork and veggie mixture to the baking dish, distributing evenly.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 318IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg