This is one of my staple recipes – it is quick and easy and reliably delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Coconut oil spray; I like Kelapo.
- 6-8 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- ½ Tbsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp onion powder I find the flakes hold their flavor longer than powder; I use a spice grinder to make the flakes into powder in small batches as needed.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic medium to large
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9×13 or similar size casserole dish with a spray of coconut oil, and lay chicken pieces in dish, skin side down.
- Combine all dry spices (I use a little Krups grinder or mini chopper for this) until mix is a uniform, fine powder.
- Add garlic and olive oil and combine until mixture is smooth.
- Using a basting brush, brush spice mixture onto skinless side of chicken pieces, then flip over and brush skin side with spice mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until all pieces are >165 degrees F. I always use a digital tester with poultry (and pork) to make sure it’s really ready to serve.
- Note: If you are using boneless chicken thighs instead of bone-in, they’ll only need to bake for 20-25 minutes (but still test them to be safe!)
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 1070mg | Potassium: 604mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 4mg
If you like gravy, you could make a delicious Paleo gravy with the pan drippings…