- Coconut oil spray (I like Kelapo)
- 6-8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder (I find the flakes hold their flavor longer than powder; I use a spice grinder to make the flakes into powder in small batches as needed)
- 3-4 medium to large cloves of garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a 9×13 or similar size casserole dish with a spray of coconut oil, and lay chicken pieces in dish, skin side down.
Combine all dry spices (I use a little Krups grinder or mini chopper for this) until mix is a uniform, fine powder. Add garlic and olive oil and combine until mixture is smooth.
Using a basting brush, brush spice mixture onto skinless side of chicken pieces, then flip over and brush skin side with spice mixture.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until all pieces are >165 degrees F. I always use a digital tester with poultry (and pork) to make sure it’s really ready to serve.
Note: If you are using boneless chicken thighs instead of bone-in, they’ll only need to bake for 20-25 minutes (but still test them to be safe!)
If you like gravy, you could make a delicious Paleo gravy with the pan drippings…