Do you love a good gingerbread / spice cookie? Then I have a real treat for you!
These grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, perfectly chewy cookies are so full of flavor and so absolutely delicious! They are a great way to enjoy a classic taste of the holiday season without derailing you from your healthy lifestyle. Serve them up – along with my Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – at holiday events and give them out as holiday gifts. Everyone will love them, and no one will miss the bad-for-you ingredients (ex. grain flour, refined sugar).
You can make these cookies Paleo-friendly (but not low carb) by using regular honey or maple syrup, or you can make them low carb (as the recipe is written) by using monk fruit maple syrup (my fave is Besti). Either way, they’re pure delight!
Molasses Spice Cookies
- Parchment paper
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg optional
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp molasses
- ¼ cup Keto maple syrup or regular maple syrup or honey for Paleo
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer and mix on medium until combined (or use a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer if you don’t have a stand mixer).
- Add wet ingredients and mix again until evenly mixed.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto cookie sheet (a cookie scoop makes the job quick and easy).
- Flatten each dough ball slightly with an oiled spatula or the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350°F for about 8-10 minutes, until edges just barely start to brown and cookies are slightly firm.
- Cool on wire rack for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with a tall glass of cold, delicious macadamia nut milk!