Egg Drop Soup holds a special place in my heart – when I was a kid, any time we went out for Chinese food, my go-to order was always a steaming bowl of this soup. The comforting warmth, coupled with its unique blend of umami flavor and silky texture, made every spoonful a delightful experience.
What makes it even more special now is its versatility as a health-conscious choice. This Egg Drop Soup recipe aligns seamlessly with various healthy ways of eating, be it low carb, Keto, Paleo, Primal, or Whole30. And it’s a great way to get more bone broth into your diet, for a big boost to your gut health, immunity, and nutrition!
Tips and Variations:
- Flavor Booster: For an extra kick, consider adding a pinch of ginger or garlic to the broth. This simple addition elevates the overall taste, and gives it a delightful twist.
- Customization is Key: Make it your own by incorporating your favorite low-carb veggies. The possibilities are endless – think spinach, mushrooms, or any low carb vegetable you like.
- Protein Powerhouse: Amp up the protein content by introducing shredded chicken to the mix. It not only adds a savory element but also makes the soup a more substantial and satisfying dish.
Whichever way you choose to have it, this recipe is sure to please!
Keto Egg Drop Soup
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 8 large eggs
- 4 scallions diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce Red Boat or other Keto and Paleo friendly version
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat to a light simmer, then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, slowly pour the stock into the eggs, whisking the entire time until well combined.
- Stir in sesame oil and fish sauce, garnish with green onions, and serve.
- If reheating, do so over very low heat.
- If the eggs congeal, use an immersion or regular blender to bring the consistency back to ideal silky goodness.