Do you love Chinese food? I sure do! And of course fried rice is a classic dish – it’s been around for over 1,400 years! – and is always yummy and satisfying. But it is sooo off-plan when we’re eating healthy – too many carbs, plus those pesky grains.
Have no fear, Dr. Emily is here! 🤩 I’ve got you covered with this CleanKeto-friendly version of classic chicken, pork, shrimp or egg fried “rice” (using the ever-versatile cauliflower rice), that’s just as quick, easy and tasty as the classic, but this one is oh-so good for you (unlike the classic version!).
This recipe is Paleo, low carb, Keto, and Whole30, and if you leave out the carrots and the sriracha, it’s on-plan for my 10-Day Detox.
So let’s get to it!
Fried “Rice” (with Chicken, Pork, Shrimp &/or Egg)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken thigh meat boneless, pastured, diced; or 1lb ground pork or 1lb wild-caught shrimp; diced
- 2 eggs pastured and whisked; Use 4 eggs if not adding other protein.
- 2 carrots shredded (about ½ cup)
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves large and minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger root fresh, minced or grated
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 1-2 tsp sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add avocado oil to pan and swirl.
- Now add the chicken, pork or shrimp, if using.
- Sauté chicken for several minutes (longer for pork, shorter for shrimp), stirring frequently, until cooked through.
- Remove protein from pan into a bowl, and set aside.
- Pour eggs into still-hot pan and stir constantly for 1 minute until cooked.
- Remove eggs from pan and place in bowl with cooked chicken (pork).
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and then immediately add onions. Stir fry onions for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Next add garlic, ginger and carrots. Sauté the vegetables for 4-5 minutes.
- Next add in the cauliflower rice, coconut aminos, and sriracha.
- Cook for a few minutes,
- Then add chicken and egg back in and mix together.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 534mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5279IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg