This super easy flank steak recipe takes just a few minutes of hands-on prep time, has tons of flavor, and results in a tender, delicious entrée.
You can marinate it for as little as an hour, or up to 12 hours if you’ve got time.
Great in a salad, or paired with low carb veggies, this recipe is Paleo, Whole30, low carb, Keto, CleanKeto and detox friendly, and makes great leftovers!
Lime Marinated Flank Steak
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 in fresh ginger minced
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak
- 1 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil for pan frying
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- To make marinade, add scallions, ginger, lime juice, coconut aminos, and red pepper flakes to a shallow dish.
- Place the flank steak into the marinade and let sit for at least 1 hour, and up to 12 hours (refrigerate if >2 hours).
- Steak can be cooked on the grill or on the stovetop.
- To cook on the grill, preheat your grill to high heat.
- Set the steaks on the grill and allow to sear on each side undisturbed for 3-7 minutes depending on the level of doneness you desire (test with meat thermometer; rare = 120°F, medium-rare = 125°F, medium = 130°F).
- Do not take a flank steak past medium as it will continue to cook when taken off the heat source and will easily get tough if overcooked.
- To cook on the stove, remove from marinade and pat the steak surface dry with paper towels.
- Coat both sides of the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet to searing hot, then add oil and swirl to distribute.
- Lay the steak in the pan and allow to sear on each side undisturbed for 3-7 minutes depending on the level of doneness you desire (again, use a meat thermometer, and don't overcook it; rare = 120°F, medium-rare = 125°F, medium = 130°F).
- For either method, once cooked, set flank steak on a platter to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into thin strips across the grain and serve.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg