The other day, I brought home yet another fabulous haul of healthy keto-friendly foods from Costco.
In it, I got a big beautiful bag of frozen organic mixed berries,
and decided it was high time to make a tasty berry crisp. And here it is!
This recipe is – like most of my recipes – quick, easy, relatively low carb, and delicious!
- 3 cups mixed organic frozen berries (~16oz)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup or, for lower carb, monk fruit maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pastured butter
- For filling, place berries in 8×8 baking dish
- Mix lemon juice, arrowroot and water together until well combined
- Toss fruit with lemon-arrowroot combo
- To make topping, in a food processor, combine almond flour and salt
- Pulse in maple syrup and butter until mixture is texture of coarse gravel
- Crumble topping over fruit mixture
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, until topping is golden brown
- Remove from oven and serve
Disclosure: I receive a small commission for qualifying purchases made using some of the links provided in this article.