This low carb chocolate cake is an absolute dream! Wonderfully moist and fluffy just like a chocolate cake should be, with a satisfyingly full, rich chocolate flavor, it’s quick and easy to make, and is grain-free, dairy-free and low-carb/Keto-friendly to boot.
- ¾ cup 100% cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut cream (Trader Joe’s is great – no additives!)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- ½ cup Lakanto or ChocZero low carb maple syrup
- 3 eggs
1¼ cups blanched almond flour
½ tsp celtic sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Warm coconut milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- When milk is warm, whisk in cocoa powder, and keep whisking for a few minutes until mixture is well-combined and completely smooth
- Remove saucepan from heat
- Whisk vanilla, maple syrup and eggs into chocolate-coconut milk mixture
- Stir in almond flour, salt and baking soda
- Coat muffin tin or cake pan with oil or butter
- Pour batter into buttered 9″ round or 8″ square cake pan, or scoop batter into greased muffin tins (fill each muffin cup half full)
- Bake at 325° for 12 minutes for mini-muffins, 15 for muffins, or 25 minutes for cake
- Cool and serve
Makes 1 cake, 12 muffins or 30 mini-muffins. It also works to double the recipe and bake in a 9″x13″ casserole dish – add about 10 minutes baking time, until center is just set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.