Rich, creamy and satisfying, and loaded with delicious spices that warm you up from the inside during cold weather, eggnog is the classic holiday drink.
And did you know it can actually be good for you? It’s true! If you make it using the recipe below – low carb, with good quality Paleo ingredients and the added boost of collagen powder – it’s quite nutritious. Check out my post The Health Benefits of Eggnog to learn more!
Low Carb Paleo Eggnog
- 1 blender
- 3 medium eggs from pastured hens
- 1 cup coconut milk with no additives!
- 1 cup macadamia nut milk
- 2 scoops collagen powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 T Birch Bender's Maple Bourbon monk fruit keto syrup or to taste; or use any Paleo or Keto sweetener of your choosing
- ½ cup rum, brandy or whisky optional; note that if you are concerned about consuming raw eggs, the alcohol "cooks" the eggs
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill before serving.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3mg