A creamy, comforting, low carb side dish that’s so tasty, no one will ever miss the mashed potatoes! Fast, easy and delicious, it’s perfect for the holidays, or any day. This version is a nice basic staple with a mild flavor that goes with anything and everything that you’d pair with mashed potatoes. And you can also jazz it up, if you like, by adding garlic, herbs, and more.
As an added bonus, this recipe is detox-friendly, and makes a great side dish when you’re doing Dr. Emily’s 10-Day Detox!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower ~2 pounds
- 1 stick butter (8oz)
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper or to taste
- Trim stem end and leaves off of cauliflower.
- Steam whole head of cauliflower until very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove cauliflower from steamer and coarsely chop.
- Set cauliflower pieces aside, spread out in a single layer with space between, to evaporate some moisture while you melt the butter. (This helps the mash be thicker.)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.