A delicious, easy summer meal, this one-pan dish goes together quickly and is full of flavor. It’s Paleo, Whole30, low carb, keto and CleanKeto friendly, and if you take out the tomatoes, it’s on plan for Dr. Emily’s 10-Day Detox, too!
Mediterranean Baked Fish & Veggies
- 1 large cookie sheet
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp avocado oil spray 2 seconds of spray
- 4 4-oz fillets of mild white fish cod, haddock, mahi mahi, pollock, bass, grouper, etc.
- 12 cherry tomatoes remove if on 10-Day Detox
- 16 olives pitted
- 1 large summer squash
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Coat a large cookie sheet with avocado oil spray.
- Quarter the summer squash: cut in half crosswise and then cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Place fish, cherry tomatoes, olives, summer squash, and onions on cookie sheet.
- Liberally coat fish and vegetables with garlic-herb-oil mixture.
- Cut off peel and pith from both ends of the lemon to expose the flesh, then cut lemon into 4 slices.
- Place one lemon slice onto each fish fillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to broil and cook for a couple minutes longer, until the fish and vegetables are lightly browned. (Keep a close eye on them! The browning goes very quickly.)
- Divide veggies and olives evenly among 4 plates, add 1 fish fillet to each plate, and serve. Optional: serve on a bed of cooked cauliflower rice.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 0.4mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 494IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg