Super flavorful, quick and easy, this delicious one-pan dish is the perfect dinner for busy peeps! And it’s Whole30 and CleanKeto friendly (Paleo+low-carb), and is on-plan for “Dr. Emily’s 10-Day Detox“, too!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced, or 2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 bone-in skin-on pastured chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced (~4-5 large cloves)
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 3 cups chopped kale, collards, and/or asparagus
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced, or 1 tsp dried cilantro
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup black or kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped (~1/2 onion)
- Optional garnishes: More chopped cilantro, lemon juice and/or lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute, then add the avocado oil.
- While the oil heats, sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with sea salt and black pepper.
- Sear the chicken thighs, skin side down, for 5 minutes, then turn over and sear 5 minutes on the other side.
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano, transfer skillet to preheated oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (internal temp of at least 165F).
- Remove chicken from pan (leaving juices in the skillet) and set aside.
- Set the skillet on the stove over medium heat, then add the garlic. Add more avocado oil if needed.
- Sauté garlic for 1 minute, then add the cauliflower rice, kale/collards/asparagus, broth, cilantro, lemon zest and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then add the olives and onion, stir, and cook for another several minutes, stirring frequently, until cauliflower rice is cooked to desired doneness.
- Pour any chicken juices on the plate into the pan, and stir to combine.
- To serve, add a scoop or two of veggies to each plate, and top with chicken.
- Garnish with additional lemon juice, lemon zest and/or cilantro, if desired.