A delicious dinner that’s quick enough to throw together last minute after a busy day, and good enough to serve to company, too! You can mix up the proteins as you wish – whatever strikes your fancy will probably work – and you can vary the veggies quite a lot, too. This dish makes a regular appearance on our menu, but is a bit different every time, depending on what ingredients I’m in the mood for or happen to have on hand.
Tip: I find it super helpful to have bags of organic frozen chopped brassicas stocked in the freezer at all times, to make last minute CleanKeto meal prep a breeze. And this recipe works great as part of your meal plan when you’re doing Dr. Emily’s 10 Day Detox, too, btw!
Quick & Easy Curry with Cauli Rice
- 13 ½ oz coconut cream 1 can; Without additives like gums and thickeners – I like Trader Joe’s.
- 2 Tbsp curry powder organic and yellow; I like Frontier Co-op’s.
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 4 cloves minced garlic large, fresh and minced; or 1 Tbsp prepared crushed garlic (ex. Dorot's frozen) to taste
- 1 onion medium, chopped
- 10 oz brassicas frozen organic package, chopped (kale, collards, broccoli rabe or florets, etc.)
- 2 lbs protein of your choice I like Costco’s wild-caught Mahi Mahi, Cod, Tilapia or shrimp; poultry and pork also work really well in this.
- 2 Tbsp butter pastured; can also use ghee, avocado oil or coconut oil
- 12 oz cauliflower rice 2 organic bags; I like Costco’s.
- Warm coconut cream in a medium stock pot.
- Once coconut cream is warm (fully liquid), whisk in the curry powder until dissolved and well combined with coconut cream (no lumps of powder).
- Add the salt, garlic, onion, brassicas, and protein of choice.
- Simmer over medium heat until protein is cooked through (if using shrimp, add it towards the end of cooking time, once brassicas are almost to desired tenderness).
- Meanwhile, warm butter/ghee, avocado or coconut oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- When oil is warm, add cauliflower rice and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until desired tenderness.
- To serve, spoon cauli rice into pasta bowls, and top with curried protein and veggie mixture, with extra sauce as desired.