Another quick, easy, and tasty recipe for your repertoire! This makes a light meal as written – make a couple crepes if you’ve got a bigger appetite, and/or add more protein to the filling mix.
This is perfect for those times when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen (is that always??), but want to stay healthy and on-plan with your Dr. Emily-approved low carb Paleo eating. 🙂
Use just about whatever you have on hand for the filling – these savory egg crepes lend themselves to a wide variety of proteins and/or veggies.
Then add a side of cultured veggies to take the nutrition and tastiness up a notch (these aren’t included in the nutrition calculation, btw, since they vary a LOT), and you’ve got yourself a super-nutritious meal that’s on the table in minutes. Go!
Savory Asian Crepes
- 1 large (12") frying pan
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (you can also use avocado or coconut oil or ghee for a milder, less Asian flavor)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 thin slice ginger root, finely minced
- 1 stalk scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked low carb veggies, chopped (such as spinach, chard, broccoli, kale, collards, etc.)
- ¼ cup chopped cooked protein, optional (such as shrimp, leftover baked chicken or pork, etc.)
- Warm the sesame oil over medium-low heat in large (12") frying pan for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg and coconut aminos until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into warmed frying pan, and spread it out so it coats the whole pan in a thin, fairly even layer.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove crepe from pan (leave burner going) and onto a plate and cover crepe while you prepare your filling.
- Add avocado oil to already warm frying pan.
- Add garlic, ginger and scallions, and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in veggies and (optional) protein and stir to combine.
- Cook a few minutes until filling is warmed through.
- Spoon filling into center of crepe, and fold crepe over.
- Add a tablespoon or two of cultured veggies inside, on top or on the side of your crepe, and serve.
- Note: A dollop of cultured coconut cream on top is a tasty addition, too!