Super tasty and festive, these stuffed mushrooms are sure to be a hit at your next holiday party, as an appetizer or a side dish. They’re quick and easy, and they go with just about everything!
- ½ lb bacon
- 24 oz baby bella mushrooms ~24 total, stems removed
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb kale
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook bacon in a large pan over medium high heat until just crispy.
- While bacon cooks, remove stems from kale, and finely chop kale leaves.
- When done, remove bacon from heat, reserve bacon fat separately, and allow bacon to cool.
- While bacon cools, place mushrooms in a single layer on a baking dish.
- Combine avocado oil and bacon fat in a small bowl.
- When bacon is cool, crumble finely, and set aside.
- Brush or drizzle oil mixture evenly over mushrooms, reserving a few tablespoons for cooking the kale.
- Sprinkle minced garlic evenly over mushroom caps.
- Season mushrooms with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms darken and soften a bit.
- Meanwhile, cook kale in reserved oil mixture until tender and bright green.
- Mix together cooked bacon crumbles and cooked kale.
- When the mushrooms are baked, top with bacon-kale mixture and serve.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5675IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1mg