Savory Asian Crepes
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: cleanketo, keto, low carb, paleo, whole30
Servings: 1 crepe
Author: Dr. Emily Franklin
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (you can also use avocado or coconut oil or ghee for a milder, less Asian flavor)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 thin slice ginger root, finely minced
- 1 stalk scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked low carb veggies, chopped (such as spinach, chard, broccoli, kale, collards, etc.)
- ¼ cup chopped cooked protein, optional (such as shrimp, leftover baked chicken or pork, etc.)
Warm the sesame oil over medium-low heat in large (12") frying pan for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, whisk together the egg and coconut aminos until well combined.
Pour egg mixture into warmed frying pan, and spread it out so it coats the whole pan in a thin, fairly even layer.
Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Remove crepe from pan (leave burner going) and onto a plate and cover crepe while you prepare your filling.
Add avocado oil to already warm frying pan.
Add garlic, ginger and scallions, and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
Mix in veggies and (optional) protein and stir to combine.
Cook a few minutes until filling is warmed through.
Spoon filling into center of crepe, and fold crepe over.
Add a tablespoon or two of cultured veggies inside, on top or on the side of your crepe, and serve.
Note: A dollop of cultured coconut cream on top is a tasty addition, too!
Serving: 1crepe | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 261mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3309IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg